The North Little Rock Police Department encourages the community to participate in the Ride-Along Program. This program allows community members the opportunity to ride as passengers in marked police vehicles. This program also allows community members to interact and observe police officers during the performance of their duties. Community members will be considered as observers, and their safety is of utmost importance.
To Participate in the Ride-Along:
- An application must be completed and forwarded to the Patrol Division Commander’s Office (Print Legibly)
- A Criminal History Check and Warrants Check will be conducted
- You cannot participate if:
- You have any pending misdemeanor charges
- You have any domestic abuse convictions
- You have any violent misdemeanor or felony charges
- You have any felony convictions or pending felony charges
- Please Be Advised – The NLRPD Ride Along Program is only Available to Current Police Applicants:
- NLRPD police applicants
- College criminal justice majors (suspended until further notice)
- Police Officers from other jurisdictions (suspended until further notice)
- Visiting Dignitaries (suspended until further notice)
- Citizen Police Academy students (suspended until further notice)
- Other authorized persons (suspended until further notice)
NORTH LITTLE ROCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
RIDE ALONG PROGRAM
• All applications to participate in the NLRPD Ride Along Program must be submitted at least one week before requested ride along date.
• One week prior to your scheduled/requested ride time you must contact the NLRPD Patrol Captain or his designee at 501-771-7171 to confirm approval, assignment, and your report time.
• No participant may ride along more than once every two months with the exception of police applicants.
• The Ride Along participant will report to the assigned zone Lieutenant or Sergeant fifteen minutes prior to the start of the shift they have been assigned.
• The ride along participant will carry identification including doctor preference, the nature of any medical problems, and the name of the person to notify in case of emergency.
• Ride along participants should dress in neat, clean, clothing. Collared shirts, slacks or jeans, and appropriate shoes. No shorts or T-shirts will be allowed.
• Cameras and recorders are prohibited.
• The ride along participant is required to wear a seat belt at all times while riding in the
• The use of any tobacco products in any city vehicle or building is prohibited.
• The use of tobacco products will not be allowed when making contact with citizens.